Art Building, Willamette University in Salem, Oregon
Pictured is the art building at Willamette University in Salem, Marion County. It was built in 1907 to house the medical school but when that merged with the University of Oregon in 1913 and moved to Portland, it housed Willamette Academy, a college preparatory school, from 1913-20. Over the years since then it has housed the science, the music and now the art department. Willamette University was established in 1842 by Methodist missionary Jason Lee and is the first university built west of the Mississippi River.
Salem, Oregon; Willamette University; Art department