Bush-Breyman Block on Commercial Street N.E. between State & Court Streets, Salem, Oregon, 1949
This photo is of the Bush-Breyman Block at 141-147 Commercial Street between State & Court streets in Salem, Oregon. Werner and Eugene Breyman first came to Salem in 1865 and became known as the "Merchant Princes of the Willamette Valley". They sold their merchandise building in 1881 and went into the construction business. They collaborated with Asahel Bush to erect this block c1890. Mr. Bush was President of the Ladd & Bush Bank (among other things) and promoted the financial well being of the city through the bank The block is of brick masonry construction with a cast-iron front. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
Salem, Oregon; buildings; Bush-Breyman Block; Bush, Asahel; National Register of Historic Places; Breyman, Werner; Breyman, Eugene