Salem's early post office, later Gatke Hall at Willamette University, Salem, Oregon, 1902
This building was erected in 1903 as Salem's post office in downtown Salem,. It was moved intact in 1938 to State & 12th Street on the Willamette University campus, where it housed the College of Law until 1967. In 1967 the Collins Legal Center was completed, and since then it has served in other capacities. It is named after Dr. Robert M. Gatke, Willamette's first professor of Political Science.
Salem, Oregon; buildings; post office; Salem Post Office; Gatke Hall; Willamette University; Gatke, Dr. Robert M.