McGilchrist Building on NE corner Liberty and State Streets, Salem, Oregon, early 1950's
This photo of the McGilchrist Building on the NE corner of Liberty & State Streets was taken in the early 1950's. At the time the Capital Drug Store occupied the corner of it and Woolworth's had entrances on both streets in the remainder. It was built c1915 and appears in the 1917 Salem City Directory. It is a two-story white brick building with distinctive windows and decorative patterns on the second floor. It is still there (2006).
McGilchrist Building; Salem, Oregon; F.W. Woolworth Co.; Capital Drug Store