End of the street car line on Asylum Ave. (Center St.) in Salem, Oregon, 1915
Center Street (Salem, Oregon) beyond 17th Street used to be called Asylum Avenue and a streetcar line ended at what was called the Oregon Hospital for the Insane. The hospital was renamed the Oregon State Hospital in 1908. In this photo from 1915 the original building from 1883 can be seen on the right behind the trolley car.
Salem, Oregon; Center Street; 17th Street; Asylum Avenue; screetcar; Oregon Hospital for the Insane; Oregon State Hospital; trolley car
B/W Postcard photograph
3 3/4 in. x 5 in.
Barrick Funeral Home post card series, Salem in the Past .