The Manning Company Building at 210 State Street in Salem, Marion County, Oregon, 1992. The brick commercial building was constructed between 1905 - 1908 and occupied from 1908 through 1921 by Samuel A. Manning, a dealer in farm machinery, automobiles and bicycles. Manning was the local agent for Studebaker automobiles, McCormick harvesting machinery, John Deere farming equipment, and Petaluma incubators. He also sold bicycles. In 1921 Manning sold the property to Frank N. and Marion A. Derby. The Derbys leased it to Charles R. Archard who continued selling farm implements, as well as grain, feed, and seed. Between 1932 and 1953 Salem Seed and Implement Company occupied the building, selling farm implements, feed, seeds, tractors, and dairy supplies. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1987.
Salem, Oregon; Marion County; State Street; Manning Bldg.; Manning, Samuel A.; Derby, Frank N.; Derby, Marion A.; Archard, Charles R.; Salem Seed and Implement Company; National Register of Historic Places