Old lantern at Gatke Hall entrance, Willamette University, Salem, Oregon
This photo is of one of the old lanterns at either side of the entrance to Gatke Hall, the old College of Law, at Willamette University. The hall was built in 1903 as the Salem Post Office and served in that capacity until 1938 when it was moved intact to its present location on the campus. Gatke Hall housed the College of Law until the completion of the Collins Legal Center in 1967. It was named after Dr. Robert Moulton Gatke, Willamette's first professor of Political Science who was at the university for 53 years. The photo is from the Hugh Stryker Collection.
Salem, Oregon; Willamette University; Gatke Hall; Gatke, Robert M.; lantern