The Murray Wade house located at 862 Liberty Street NE in Salem, Oregon, 1971
The Murray Wade house, third oldest house still standing in Salem, was located at 862 Liberty Street NE in this July 9, 1971 photo just before it was moved to 1305 John Street in south Salem by the new owners Mr. and Mrs Richard Neuman. It was built in 1870 by William L. Wade, owner of a dry goods store at 888 N. Liberty Street (where Boone's Treasury building is). The house was later occupied by his son, Murray Wade, who was a well-known newspaper cartoonist in California and Oregon and published the Oregon Magazine for 45 years.
1971, July 9
Salem, Oregon; Wade (Murray) house; Wade (William Lincoln) House; Liberty Road; Wade, William Lincoln; Wade, Murray