Center Street Bridge over the Willamette River in Salem, Oregon, 1945
Ben Maxwell Collection
This photo is of the Center Street Bridge over the Willamette River in Salem, Oregon. It was dedicated July 30, 1918 with much fanfare and replaced the earlier "steel bridge" or "Marion-Polk County bridge" which had been built in 1891. This bridge, also referred to as the "Inter-county bridge", was remodelled and expanded in 1969 after the Marion Street bridge had also been built and the bridges were made one-way.