This picture is of Salem's first parsonage and the second oldest building in Salem, Oregon. The home was built in the fall of 1841 by Gustavus Hines and designed by Hamilton Campbell. It housed many of the Methodist missionaries and circuit riders. One noted resident was the Rev. David Leslie. The home was originally built where the water tower on the north side of the Thomas Kay Woolen Mill now stands (1992). The parsonage was later moved to 1325 Ferry St. and is now located at the Mission Mill Museum complex off Twelfth Street.
Parsonage; Salem, Oregon; Mission Mill Complex; Hines, Gustavus