Mapleton Covered Bridge over the Siuslaw River in Lane County, Oregon, 1960
This photo is of the Mapleton Covered Bridge (World Guide #37-20-07) over the Siuslaw River in Lane County, Oregon. The bridge was built in 1934 with help from the CCC "boys" and has 6 Gothic-style windows in each span on both sides. The two spans are 105 feet each and with approaches and a 35-foot draw span, the total length was nearly 650 feet. The pedestrian walkway on the outside was added in the 1950s, under the supervision of bridge supervisor, Ole Haldorson. The bridge was replaced in 1970 with a concrete bridge after efforts to save it failed.
Mapleton Covered Bridge; Siuslaw River; Lane County
H 3 in. x L 4 in.
Salem Public Library
CREDITS & RESTRICTIONS
Salem Public Library Historic Photograph Collections, Salem Public Library, Salem, Oregon.