Streetview of Vernonia in northwestern Oregon, 1962
This is the street view of Vernonia as seen on August 4, 1962. There is the Joy Movie Theatre, a drug store, Mike's Tavern, and an Enco gas station. Further down the street is City Cafe and a grocery store. Vernonia dates from the 1870's and was named after the daughter of one of its first settlers, Ozias Cherrington of Ohio. Its population in the 1980's was less than 200.
Vernonia, Oregon; Columbia County; Joy Movie Theatre; Mike's Tavern; store; street view; Enco gas station; City Cafe; drug store
Mr. Ben Maxwell
2.5 in. H x 4.2 in. W
Salem Public Library
CREDITS & RESTRICTIONS
Salem Public Library Historic Photograph Collections, Salem Public Library, Salem, Oregon