General store in Helvetia, Washington County, Oregon, 1966
General store and Shell gas station in Helvetia in the North Plains area of Washington County, Oregon on April 30, 1966. Swiss families who settled here gave the place the Latin or Roman name of their mother country. It is believed to have been named Helvetia in 1892.
Helvetia, Oregon; Washington County; North Plains; store; Shell gas station