Pringle Elementary School in south Salem, Oregon, 1956
An earlier Pringle School was built on this site five miles south of Salem in 1856 as a one-room schoolhouse, which existed from 1858-96. Virgil Pringle & family came to the area in 1846 and the name carries on in Pringle Creek, Pringle Park, Pringle School, etc. Additions were made to the school in 1932 & 1946. In this photo a group of students arrive at the school in its centenial year of 1956.